Valley Cottage is a hamlet in the town of Clarkstown, Rockland County, New York, United States. It is located northeast of West Nyack, northwest of Central Nyack east of Bardonia, south of Congers, northwest of Nyack, and west of Upper Nyack.
- Valley Cottage Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary School is a Blue Ribbon Award winner (2000–2001) and semi-finalists (2004), New York State winner of International Reading Award and ING Unsung Heroes Award (2004) for Karne Andreasen's "Turn on to Reading" program.
Some places of interest:
- Knickerbocker Fire House - established 1862
- Palisades Center bordering Valley Cottage from West Nyack side.
- Rockland Lake Community was a thriving community made up of the many workers at the Knickerbocker Ice Company.
- Rockland Lake State Park
- Storms Tavern - believed to have been built in 1765 restored in 2008
- Tolstoy Foundation of Valley Cottage, founded in 1939 by Alexandra Lvovna Tolstoy, youngest daughter of Leo Tolstoy. Some of the Board members throughout the years included Sergei Rachmaninoff - composer & conductor, Igor Sikorsky - aviation pioneer in both helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft, Boris Bakhmeteff - engineer, professor of Civil Engineering at Columbia University and the only ambassador of the Russian Provisional Government to the United States, Boris Sergievsky - one of the most colourful of the early aviators.
For more information about Valley Cottage and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
Search Valley Cottage Homes for Sale
Copyright 2019 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service. All Rights Reserved.
Data is updated as of Jul 16, 2019 3:58:pm
All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed, and should be independently verified.
Today's Market Trends for Valley Cottage *
* All data pertains to single-family homes