- Strawtown Elementary School became a Blue Ribbon Award winner in 2007. This is the second school in Rockland County to win this award.
- West Nyack Elementary School is located in West Nyack.
- Clarkstown High School South is located in West Nyack.
- Felix Festa Middle School is also located in Bardonia.
West Nyack is located along the New York State Thruway, at the Exit 12 interchange. Other major thoroughfares in West Nyack are New York State Route 303and New York State Route 59. The Palisades Interstate Parkway is located at the western edge of the hamlet.
Some note-worthy places of interest include:
- Palisades Center, one of the largest malls in the country, is located along Route 59, Route 303 and the New York State Thruway (I-87 and I-287), exit 12.
- Mount Moor Cemetery – Mount Moor Cemetery sits in the shadow of the Palisades Center Mall, just north of Route 59. This well-kept cemetery is maintained by the Mount Moor Cemetery Association of 1 Milford Lane, Suffern. Although several stones appear to have been professionally restored, many are too badly worn to read. There are also many field stones often used as burial markers with no inscriptions as well as a plain wooden cross. One of the graves at Mount Moor is that of Lafayette Logan, a Buffalo Soldier who fought in the American Civil War with the legendary black 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, the unit made famous in the motion picture Glory About six others members of the Buffalo Soldiers are buried here. (NRHP)
- Rockland Center for the Arts – Founded by Maxwell Anderson and others in 1947. Programs include a School for the Arts, exhibitions, a performing arts series and a Summer Arts Day Camp. The Center provides opportunities for artists to exhibit, perform, create and teach.
For more information about West Nyack and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales Representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
Search West Nyack Homes for Sale
Copyright 2018 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service. All Rights Reserved.
Data is updated as of Dec 16, 2018 7:18:pm
All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed, and should be independently verified.
Today's Market Trends for West Nyack *
* All data pertains to single-family homes