Stony Point is a triangle-shaped town in Rockland County, New York, United States. It is part of the New York City Metropolitan Area. The town is located north of the town of Haverstraw, east and south of Orange County, New York, and west of the Hudson River and Westchester County.
Schools in Stony Point:
Landmarks and places of interest
- Gilmor Sloane House – 17 Crickettown Rd. An 1856 Victorian mansion with no televisions or telephones. An 1888 Barn Playhouse (Penguin Repertory) on grounds.
- Harriman State Park – A large state park partly in the western part of the town.
- Iona Island and Marsh – Between Jones Point and Bear Mountain. It was previously called "Weyants Island".
- Patriot Hills Golf Club – Ranked 20th Best Public Golf Course in New York 2010 by Golf Magazine
- Pyngyp School - (NRHP)
- Stony Point Battlefield – A state historic site, off Route 9W, Stony Point – Occupied by the British in 1779. (NRHP)
- Stony Point Light – Lighthouse built in 1828 to guide ships through the narrow part of the Hudson River. (NRHP)
- William H. Rose House (NRHP)
For more information about Stony Point and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales Representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
Stony Point Properties
- Chestnut Ridge
- New City
- New Hempstead
- Pearl River
- Spring Valley
- Stony Point
- Valley Cottage
- Wesley Hills
- West Haverstraw
- West Nyack
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.